Updating Your Voter Information

Updating Your Voter Information

Please notify us if there have been changes to your name, address, signature or party affiliation.

Address Change

You must register with a residential address, because it determines the issues and candidates that you can vote on in any election.  However, you can receive your election mail at any valid mailing location you choose:  a post office box, personal mailbox, college mailbox, or a military or out of state/country address.  All election-related materials, including your ballot, will be sent to the mailing address you provide.

Residential or mailing address changes made within the State of Florida can be made any of the following ways:

If you are moving to a residential address that is out of the state of Florida, you must register to vote in your new state.  Please complete, print and mail or deliver to us this Removal of Voter's Name form to ensure your Manatee County voter registration is canceled. 

 Name Change

If your name has changed, you can update your voter registration record in the following ways:

Political Party Change

Florida has closed primaries, which means that you must be registered with a political party in order to vote in that party's Primary Election.  If you wish to register without selecting a political party, check the "NONE" or "No Party Affiliation" box on the Voter Registration Application.  You may change your party affiliation at any time, but it must be done 29 days before a Primary Election to be valid for that election.

All registered voters, regardless of party affiliation, may vote on issues and nonpartisan races (such as school board and judicial races).  If all candidates in a race have the same party affiliation and the winner of the Primary Election will have no opposition in the General Election, all eligible voters, regardless of party affiliation, may vote in the Primary Election for that race.  This is known as a Universal Primary.

In a General Election, you may vote for any candidate, regardless of your party affiliation.

If you would like to change your political party affiliation, you can update your voter registration record in the following ways:

Signature Update

Some people's signatures change over time.  It is important that we have your current signature on file.  When you sign a Vote-by-Mail ballot certificate envelope or candidate and initiative petitions, we match your signature to the one we have on file.

If your signature or identifying mark has changed, you must use a Florida Voter Registration Application to update it.  The online form can be printed or you can find printed application at our office and public libraries.  Signature updates can be made at any time, but must be received before Vote-by-Mail ballots are canvassed in order to be accepted for an election.  Please mail or hand deliver your signature update to the supervisor of elections office.

Replacement Voter Information Card

To receive a replacement Voter Information Card, you may submit an online request at RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov, fill out a Florida Voter Registration Application or provide other signed, written request to the supervisor of elections office.

Registration Cancellation

If you no longer wish to be a registered voter with Manatee County, please fill out a Removal of Voter's Name form and mail or deliver it to the supervisor of elections office.

For more information, please call (941) 741-3823.

Mailing Address:

Manatee County Supervisor of Elections
PO Box 1000
Bradenton FL 34206-1000